Monday, January 30, 2017

Design Wall Monday–January 30, 2016

I belong to a friendship group The Cotton Patchers.  One of our activities is to exchange birthday blocks.  Here are the two blocks that I made for the two January Birthday gals.
IMG_2921
This was Susan’s blocks.  She asked for flip flops.  She provided the background fabric and the design.  She requested that we use bright colors and embellish the sandals.  I chose to make 3D straps and added two stacked buttons.  I think they came out very cute and I’m pretty sure she liked them.
The second one was a more traditional block.  Barbara provided the pattern and requested red, white and blue.  Here’s what I made.
IMG_2920
I think Barbara is collecting the same blocks from two different friendship groups so she should end up with a nice size quilt. 
I have started playing with a new quilting foot and templates designed to use with a sit down quilting machine.  So far I am very impressed. 
IMG_7599
This is my first attempt using the circle template.  This should turn out to be very fun.  Stay tuned.
To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times
Enjoy,
Signature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

  1. Great blocks, those flip flops are so cute! The quilting with rulers looks great --- which circle template did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails