Monday, September 26, 2016

Design Wall Monday–9/26/16

I was at a retreat in Big Bear last week but for some reason was unable to post my Design Wall Monday so today I’ll share some of the things I worked on during the week. 

First up – my churn dash quilt.  I had started this at the Big Bear Retreat last May and although I didn’t get it finished this time, I got all the blocks made. 

IMG_7522

I now need to add the sashing and borders.  That may take a while but I’m in no hurry.  This quilt doesn’t have a designated home yet so I’m in no hurry.

Next up………………..a seat cushion to take to workshop.  For me, the chairs are always too low or the table is too high.  Either way I need a seat cushion.  When Marilyn and I had our Two Wacky Women business we sold really nice seat cushions but for some reason mine “literally” would get sold out from under me.  Finally I have my own.

IMG_7523

IMG_7524

IMG_7527

I love how it turned out.  The foam was 16” x 16” x 3” and is very firm.  Maybe too firm but I would suspect it will soften with time. 

Another project that I cut out a very long time ago but I finally started making my blocks.

IMG_7528

It’s completely made of Kaffe fabrics.  I still need to make a whole bunch of blocks.

It was a wonderful week, filled with friendship, sewing and waaaaay to much food.  But I can hardly wait until the next time in May, 2017.  Woo Hoo!!!!!

To see what others have on their design walls, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times blog

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that cushion! And what a clever idea to put a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Churn Dash blocks--great version of the classic. A too high table can definitely mess up your back and shoulders trying to sew, love your cushion solution!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails