Monday, August 1, 2016

Design Wall Monday–August 1, 2016

Wow, where did July go?  I had a great weekend that I’ll write about later but in the mean time, here’s what just came up off of my design “floor” and is going to the long arm quilter later today.

IMG_7489

Isn’t it gorgeous?  It’s completely pieced by hand and appears to be in wonderful shape.  It is so me.  Smile The colors are perfect and I love it.  I have no idea who made it.  It was donated to my guild boutique and it was for sale.  It took me about 2 seconds to buy it.  I pieced a backing for it yesterday and will drop it off at Bear’s Quilt Shop later so that they can quilt it for me. 

Check out this one corner.

IMG_7490

It has an extra square sewn to it.  Maybe they were going to sew an additional border of or maybe they just got carried away.  In any case, I’m planning on squaring it up and removing all the points.  There’s no way I’m going to attempt to bind all those innies and outies. 

I can’t wait to get it back so that I can add binding and find a home for it. 

To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

3 comments:

  1. It is a nice quilt and someone will be lucky to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really amazing quilt top! You found a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a treasure! So bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails